Welcome to STMforever.com
The "Golden Bears," the alumni of Saint Thomas More Catholic Boys High School, welcome you to our web site, dedicated to brotherhood, the scholarships available to Philadelphia Archdiocesan High Schools in our patron's name, an alumni directory and current information about our active, enthusiastic graduates. Since the opening of St. Thomas More High School at the corner of 47th Street and Wyalusing Avenue in West Philly in September of 1936, a spirit of pride, integrity, and fierce loyalty grew ever stronger. The tenacity of the Golden Bears arose, no doubt, from its small but proud student body. Overachievers, perhaps, but the civic and religious rolls of honor are filled with the names of many Tommy More grads who are prouder still since the closure of their beloved institution in June, 1975. Through reunions and events like the annual Communion Breakfast, the alumni have amassed more than one million dollars in their scholarship fund, and have awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships to students of Catholic high schools. In 2011, the entire Alumni Association was honored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia as "Distinguished Graduates of the Catholic School System."